On the Road World Tour 2013 - USA & Mexico II

Check here for the latest on Hapkido News, Events, Photo's and Reports
Grandmaster G
Hae Jang Nim

On the Road World Tour 2013 - USA & Mexico II

Postby Grandmaster G » Fri May 31, 2013 11:21 pm

2013 World Tour.

Dateline March 2013: The Mission – The 20th Anniversary World Tour – USA & Mexico II.

I would like to thank SBN Hugo for arranging his Brothers for being so excellent guides and thank you to Israel & Erick for helping out and making my day in and around Mexico City such a good one! My last day in Mexico City and a morning coffee, trip report updated over breakfast and time to head out to take a look at the Aztec Temple located in the City Centre. The Templo Mayor is an ancient Aztec Temple that was discovered under the Cities centre in the early 1900’s.

Looking across the Templo Mayor into the City.

A wall of stone skulls from the Temple.

The Entrance to the Templo Mayor Museum.

Obsidian weapons and artefacts.

Ancient Eagle Warrior or early Hapkidoist?

Metropolitan Cathedral #1.

Metropolitan Cathedral #2.

Oh no it is Groundhog Day yet again, early morning, a ride to the airport and more flights. Today I have a couple of flights, firstly back to the USA and then onwards to Seattle. The ride to the airport goes well and traffic is light this time in the morning. No troubles clearing security and straight into the lounge to update this trip report.

Viva Mexico!

This wraps up my first trip to Mexico and it has been a blast. The food and weather have been good, the Hapkido family here great and SBN Hugo an excellent host. Of course the highlight was welcoming the Ki Dae Hapkido into the IHA and having them join the Kwan Nyom Hapkido family. I look forward to my chance to return to Mexico and spending more time with our new Hapkido family.

Flight #20 United Airlines 293 (Airbus A320) Mexico City, Mexico to Los Angeles, CA & Flight #21 Alaska Airlines 465 (Boeing 737-900) Los Angele, CA to Seattle, WA

FT – 67 Hours
TT – 130 Hours
SS – 539

The flight into LAX went well and after touching down I was straight into the line to clear customs. The wait was somewhat longer than normal and the walk to collect my bags a lot longer, part of me wonders if this was because this flight was from Mexico. After clearing customs I check the bags onwards and head to my next flight. Another couple of hours in the air, this time on Alaskan Airlines and I am met in Seattle by Master Matt Survis for the drive to Olympia, WA. We drive straight to a local Korean restaurant to meet Chief Master Ott and some of his students for a nice Korean BBQ dinner. The next morning we head out to Gig Harbour where the last of my International seminars is being held. There is a good group and I break the seminar into 3 parts, Balance, Hand Attacks and Bag Fu with some Q & A to wrap up. After the seminar, a group of the local seniors head back to CM Ott’s for a good Japanese meal.

Gig Harbour Seminar Group.

Mellow Yellow x3.

Sunday is a free day and chance to catch up with CM Ott. Monday morning and Master Survis picks me up for the drive back to Seattle and to catch my next flight, again on Alaskan Airlines. I am off to Las Vegas for a couple of days of down time before heading home.

Flight #22 Alaska Airlines 610 (Boeing 737-800) Seattle, WA to Las Vegas, NV

FT – 69 Hours
TT – 135 Hours
SS – 564

It was good to have a break, but to be honest I think having one at the end only makes me want to get home and get stuck into things. We have a lot of events coming up that are looking good. In June I am heading up to Queensland for a seminar with BSBN Nathan, in July we have the Retro Hell Week, a possible full-time training opportunity, the next Black Belt test and the 20th Anniversary Masters Seminars! All these are excellent chances to either learn or get motivated for your future training. Of course for the Australian students the only chances to sign the 20th Anniversary scroll will be at the Seminar in Queensland or the one in Sydney, don’t miss you chance to be part of the History! Time to start the long haul home and I am off to Vegas airport for my first of 3 flights home, Vegas to Los Angeles then onto Auckland and finally Sydney.

Flight #23 United Airlines 6374 (Canadair Regional Jet) Las Vegas, NV to Los Angeles, CA – Flight #24 Air New Zealand 1 (Boeing 777-300) Los Angeles, CA to Auckland, NZ and Flight #25 Air New Zealand 101 (Boeing 767-300) Auckland, NZ to Sydney

FT – 87.5 Hours (Flight #23, #24 & #25)
TT – 162 Hours
SS – 564

To wrap up the trip report I have to thank all the International Hosts, the students and the home team. Without all of you these trips would not happen nor be as successful and enjoyable as they are. Thank you for being part of this wonderful journey we call Hapkido!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Countries on the tour included: Singapore - Germany (Frankfurt/Berlin#1/#2) - Finland (Helsinki/Jarvenpaa) - Netherlands (Amsterdam/Apeldoorn/Spijkenisse/Hellevoetsluis/Tilburg/Hoogvliet) - Poland (Warsaw #1/#2) - England (London/Portsmouth/Catsford/Kilburn/Wembley) - USA (NC/MS/FL/PA/DE/NJ/MN/TX) – Mexico (Mazamitlan/Guadalajara/Tonala/Mexico City) – USA (WA/NV).

Fabian Patino

Re: On the Road World Tour 2013 - USA & Mexico II

Postby Fabian Patino » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:36 am

GM Geoff,

For some reason I have a feeling you will show me your last mission in person... :shock:

Regards,

Fabian P.
"A man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

Grandmaster G
Hae Jang Nim

Postby Grandmaster G » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:39 am

Report Updated 3/6/2013.

Fabian, I am sure I have at least 1 surprise for you.

Regards

GM G

Fabian Patino

Postby Fabian Patino » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 am

GM Geoff,

Only time will reveal my pain :cry: .

Regards,

Fabian P.
"A man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

Grandmaster G
Hae Jang Nim