7 Must Do's and See's in Sydney

Check here for the latest on Hapkido News, Events, Photo's and Reports
Tina Louras
Chief Instructor

7 Must Do's and See's in Sydney

Postby Tina Louras » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:39 pm

Depending on individual ideas of fun and preferences, as well as time constraints, apart from the Bridge Climb (which is a great deal of fun) and Hapkido (that goes without saying) 7 suggested activities while in Sydney are:

1 OZ Jet Boat Ride (which is a GREAT deal of fun and allows you to see a lot of Sydney Harbour quickly)

2 A ferry to Manly from Circular Quay for brunch or lunch (Manly is beautiful if you like beaches and shopping)

3 Dinner at CentrePoint Tower restaurant (great vantage point for city views and it revolves around itself!! also would be great in the day if you did not have a chance to get out there at night)

4 Sydney Aquarium at Darling Harbour (the Great Barrier Reef tank is spectacular)

5 The Three Sisters in Katoomba - these ar spectacular despite the fact that you are no longer allowed to absail from them

6 Mountian bike riding at the Blue Mountains

7 Scuba diving in Sydney is fantastic, a good opportunity to get wet and see some local fish up close

This is not by any means an exhaustive list but a varied list of some of the activities one should do while here.

Although unavailable during weekdays due to work, if any of our International visitors would like to partake in any of the above, then I would be happy to join you or help you get out there.

Looking forward to meeting our fellow International Hapkidoists in the coming weeks!
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

Dynamic Self Defence
W: http://www.dynamicselfdefence.com.au
E: hapkido@dojang.com.au

Gaye Terzioglu

Postby Gaye Terzioglu » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:18 am

Tina,

That is an excellent post. Do you mind printing a copy of it with tiny bit more information under each topic you wrote (such as call this number, they are at this address etc - not too much but tiny bit more).

We can then hand a copy each to the international guests.

It would be perfect if you could make say 15 copies of it? And if you don't mind, would you add your name and mobile phone number to it so you can give a little info if needed? If you can do this, would you please give it to Master G next.

I am preparing a similar page with Where to eat :).

Good girl! :) It's a fantastic thought.

Gaye
What can I say? I am .... me. Your friendly neighborhood hapkido lady... :)

John Baade
Kwan Jung Nim

Postby John Baade » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:34 am

Yep well done Tina :)

I have been traveling to Sydney for years and this list has inspired me to do some of those things in my future travels.

Thanks
John Baade
Power Hapkido
Melbourne Australia
AHG VIC
"Discipline is a Warriors Safety Catch"

Tina Louras
Chief Instructor

Postby Tina Louras » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:30 am

Ma'am Gaye,

I have printed off 15 copies of the list (with additional info) and will give to Master G on Monday.

Looking forward to seeing you back on the mats!

Tina.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

Dynamic Self Defence

W: http://www.dynamicselfdefence.com.au

E: hapkido@dojang.com.au

Chris Eaton

Postby Chris Eaton » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:10 pm

As Tina has already printed of the list, this may be a little late...

For Mountain Adventures you can try the following;

Gowild Glenbrook
Bicycle Hire, Canyoning, Camping & Outdoors
1a Ross St Glenbrook NSW 2773
ph: (02) 4739 3152
The bike hire is $40 a day for a good front suspension bike. There's a few local Glenbrook rides and others a short train ride from Glenbrook, ranging from 20kms to 65kms.

Blue Mountains Adventure Company
Abseiling, Rockclimbing, Canyoning, Mountain Biking & Bushwalking
PO Box 242 Katoomba NSW 2780
ph: (02) 4782 1271
http://www.bmac.com.au
I've had abseiling, rocklimbing and canyoning days out with these guys, it makes for an awesome day. Claustral Canyon is a ripper!

For Scuba adventures you can try the following;

Dive Centre Manly
10 Belgrave St Manly NSW 2095
ph: (02) 9977 4355
http://www.divesydney.com/
I have been diving with these guys for more than 10 years and have always had a great time.

Deep 6 Diving Pty Ltd
1057 Victoria Rd West Ryde NSW 2114
ph: (02) 9858 4299
http://www.deep6diving.com.au/
Have been with Deep6 for about 5 years, they have a great new boat that even has a toilet onboard, a must if you're doing a couple of dives!

I'd be happy to accompany any of the visiting Hapkidoists on a mountain or scuba adventure and may even be able to make it during mid week at short notice. Weekends are always good.

If you're interested in any of them, please call me on 0412 222299

Cheers
Chris

Jimmy Trinh
Kwan Jung Nim

Postby Jimmy Trinh » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:02 pm

Another must-do is be on the receiving end of one of Master G's 360 back kicks. what a ride
Think thorough, act quick, work hard and live strong.

Pekka Viiliäinen

Postby Pekka Viiliäinen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:58 am

Any hints if one likes to go snorkling..?

/Pekka

Chris Eaton

Postby Chris Eaton » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:01 am

Shelly Beach at Manly is a nice enclosed bay that is popular with snorkellers. As you're facing out from the bay there is a reef to your right, at it's deepest it's ony about 10m.

Keep your eyes open for the friendly Eastern Blue Grouper, he's fairly inquisitive and you often find him sitting beside you after you've looked under a rock.

You can catch a ferry from Circular Quay to Manly, which should be mandatory for all visitors to Sydney. Once there, Shelly's an easy walk.

Also while you're out that way there's a fantastic walk, check out the following;

http://www.manlyweb.com.au/information/ ... alkway.asp

Nicki Siemianowski

Snorkelling

Postby Nicki Siemianowski » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:03 am

Hi Sir Pekka,

Another good place to snorkel is Clovelly Beach, it's part of the coast walk from Bondi to Coogee. This beach is great as it's a marine reserve,
I have some spare snorkeling gear if you need it. I'll try to organize a trip there if you and any of the other travellers are interested in seeing a Sydney Beach if time permits.
If you go on public transport you get the train from Liverpool to Central then a bus number 339 from Eddy Ave to Clovelly.

Best Wishes
Nicki

Peter Harrigan

Re: 7 Must Do's and See's in Sydney

Postby Peter Harrigan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi, new from Sydney and just reading different posts and i must update this thread that on #2 now you can also have dinner option in ferry, but better to go in afternoon so that, you can have fun at Manly beach and do shopping!
Homeware, Furniture, Rugs, Lighting, Decor Best Online Shopping Australia whether you are in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Canberra.

Return to “News & Events”